Newcastle Harness Racing Club is committed to supporting our local and broader community through our corporate citizenship. Our charity partners and initiatives include;
- John Hunter Children’s Hospital Kids Club – raffles conducted on race nights over the last 18 years have raised approximately $250,000 to assist with the purchase of vital resources and equipment helping sick kids of the Hunter New England region.
- St Vincent de Paul – Return & Earn blue bins on track for bottles and cans redeemed and donated to Vinnies.
- Team Teal campaign – conducted annually during February & March. Female drivers race in teal pants to raise awareness and funds for ovarian cancer research through WomenCan (Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group). In conjunction with Newcastle Maitland Mini Trots, NHRC host a range of fundraising activities during the 6 week campaign, including a dedicated fundraising race night.
- Charity Race Nights – discounted sponsorship prices offered for charitable or not-for-profit organisations to host fundraising race nights eg. Men of League Foundation, Men of Football, Clubs Challenge Night for the Mark Hughes Foundation, Horses & Dragonflies
- Prize donations – NHRC regularly support fundraising raffles and auctions with prize donations of Pacers Restaurant dinner vouchers and admission tickets.
- Non race functions – discounted function room hire fee for fundraising events, sports club presentations and not for profit meetings.